Hey Apple Pay users craving that TASTY Whopper (or anything else from BK)…
Can you FINALLY take advantage of the added security and convenience of Apple Pay when ordering at Burger King?
Well Get this…
Some Burger King locations have recently started upgrading payment terminals and accepting Apple Pay INSTEAD of PayPal like before.
Is this just a select few locations or will it be a nationwide thing? Only time will tell.
In the post below…
I show you step-by-step EXACTLY how to use Apple Pay at Burger King, how to tell if YOUR Burger King accepts Apple Pay, and what else you need to know when using Apple Pay at Burger King.
Does Burger King Accept Apple Pay?
This would normally be an easy question to answer but the reality right now is it’s not so simple.
In the past…
Burger King chose to accept PayPal as a means of payment instead of using things like Apple Pay because they thought at the time PayPal was a better payment option (PayPal is good but Apple Pay is WAY better for things like this).
But times have changed…
If you’re unsure, it’s best to call ahead to the location you’re visiting to check to see if they accept Apple Pay at that location.
If you’re already in-store, look for the Apple Pay or NFC symbol on or near the payment terminal.
If you see either, you SHOULD be able to use Apple Pay (notice I said ”should”).
How to Use Apple Pay at Burger King (Step-by-Step)
Thanks to Apple Pay, paying for your meal is now even easier than before (at least if the Burger King you’re eating at accepts Apple Pay).
Here’s a step-by-step guide showing how to use Apple Pay at Burger King:
- Step 1: Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and select the card you want to use. If you don’t have a card added yet, I will show you how to add one in the section below this one.
- Step 2: Hold your iPhone over the payment terminal at the register.
- Step 3: You’ll feel a vibration and see a checkmark on the payment terminal to let you know your payment was successful.
- Step 4: If for some reason Apple Pay doesn’t open, double tap on the power button on the right edge of your iPhone to open your Wallet app, and then repeat step 2.
That’s it! Enjoy your meal!
Keep in mind you can also use Apple Pay to pay for pick or delivery when ordering through the Burger King app.
I’ll show you EXACTLY how later on in this post.
How to Add a Card to Apple Pay
If you’re new to using Apple Pay, you probably haven’t added a card to it yet which is something that you’ll need to do before using Apple Pay.
Here is how to go about the process of adding a card in a few easy steps.
- Step 1: Open your Apple Wallet app.
- Step 2: Tap the “+” icon in the top right corner of the app.
- Step 3: Tap “Debit or Credit Card”, and then tap on Continue.
- Step 4: Either use your phone camera to scan the details of the card you’re adding or tap on “Enter card details manually”.
After adding your card, you can begin using Apple Pay and taking advantage of its convenience and added security.
Keep in mind, that not all cards work with Apple Pay (such as gift cards) so if you have any issues adding a card, that may be why.
Does Burger King Drive Thru Accept Apple Pay?
If the Burger King you are visiting accepts Apple Pay, you should also be able to use it in the drive-thru in most cases.
Just like in-store, however, I recommend calling ahead to the Burger King you are planning to visit to ask since some Burger Kings accept Apple Pay currently while others may not.
How to Use Apple Pay in the Burger King Drive Thru
Follow these quick steps to pay for your drive-thru order with Apple Pay:
- Step 1: Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and select the card you want to use.
- Step 2: Hold your iPhone over the contactless payment terminal. In most cases, the drive-thru worker will hold the payment terminal in the window so you can reach in and hold your phone over the terminal.
- Step 3: You’ll feel a vibration and see a checkmark on the payment terminal display to let you know your payment was successful.
- Step 4: If for some reason Apple Pay doesn’t open, double tap on the power button on the right edge of your iPhone to open your Wallet app, and then repeat step 2 to process the payment.
How to Use Apple Pay With the Burger King App
The Burger King app is a great way to order food and deliver it to your door.
To use the Burger King app, first, download it from the App Store or Google Play.
This is how you can use Apple Pay with the Burger King app:
- Step 1: Open the Burger King app and select the food you want to order and whether you are picking it up or having it delivered.
- Step 2: Once you’ve chosen your food, tap on the “View Cart” button in the bottom right corner.
- Step 3: Ensure everything looks correct and then scroll down to the bottom and tap “Continue”.
- Step 4: In the pull-down menu in your “Payment Details”, select Apple Pay (if it isn’t selected already). Then tap “Continue”.
- Step 5: Confirm your order details and then tap the “Place Secure order” button.
Either your Apple Cash balance or the card that you have associated with your Apple Wallet will be charged and your order will be processed.
Are There Additional Fees When Using Apple Pay at Burger King?
With Apple Pay showing up at some of the Burger King payment terminals, you may wonder if there will be any additional fees when using Apple Pay.
Thankfully, this is NOT the case with BK.
They don’t charge anything more for paying with your phone than you would when paying with cash or a card.
For in-store and online orders at Burger King, there are no additional fees associated with using Apple Pay.
However, if you’re going abroad, you can still be subject to an international transaction fee because the fees are the same as if you handed the card to the cashier directly.
If applicable, these fees are imposed by the card issuer rather than Apple, so if you’re not accustomed to receiving them, don’t anticipate doing so with Apple Pay.
Can I Use My BK Mobile Crown Card With Apple Pay?
The BK Mobile Crown Card is a gift card for Burger King and since it is a gift card, it, unfortunately, can’t be used with Apple Pay.
You can only use debit cards or credit cards with Apple Pay.
How To Get Help if You Have Problems Using Apple Pay at Burger King
If you cannot successfully use your Apple Pay card or app, ensure that you sync your device with the payment application.
Contacting Burger King Support
If you need to contact Burger King customer service, there are a few different ways to do so.
The easiest way is to call the toll-free number 1-866-394-2493.
This number is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can help with any inquiry you may have.
You can also reach out to Burger King on social media.
The company has active accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and you can send a direct message with any questions or concerns.
Finally, you can visit the Burger King website and use the live chat feature to speak with a customer service representative during business hours.
Wrapping Up – How to use Apple Pay at Burger King
- Some Burger Kings have started accepting Apple Pay but not all of them. I recommend calling ahead if possible to check if you intend on using Apple Pay.
- If the Burger King you’re visiting accepts Apple Pay, simply open your Apple Wallet app, choose your card, and hold your iPhone over the payment terminal to use it. You should get a notification with a checkmark on it if the transaction has been accepted.
- You can use Apple Pay in the Burger King app by choosing that as a payment method at checkout from within the app.
- You can’t use your BK Mobile Crown Card with Apple Pay since it’s a gift card and not a debit or credit card.
- If you have any problems, you should contact Apple Pay or Burger King support for help.